Конференция PR

областная конференция предпринимателей
Текущее время: 21 фев 2019, 17:47

Часовой пояс: UTC

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Carlos Beltran assumes bench role for Astros in World Series
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 май 2018, 09:33 

A byproduct of Evan Gattis starting as designated hitter in Game 3 on Friday is that Carlos Beltran probably won't be in the Astros' lineup for the entirety of the World Series.A switch-hitter who bats better from the left side, Beltran has for weeks started at DH only against righthanders. Yu Darvish, the Dodgers Game 3 starter, was the only righthander the Astros will face in the three AL-style World Series games at Minute Maid Park. Lefthanders Alex Wood and Clayton Kershaw will start Games 4 and 5, respectively astrosfansgear.com/Astros_Craig_Biggio_Jersey-90, for Los Angeles. So, the 40-year-old Beltran, a potential Hall of Famer and one of the best postseason players ever, is relegated to a bench role, a product of his natural decline - he posted only a .666 OPS in the regular season - and Gattis' recent productivity. Entering Game 3, Gattis was 6-for-21 with a home run, two doubles and three walks in these playoffs. Beltran was 3-for-20 with two doubles and one walk. Beltran last started over Gattis in Game 5 of the ALCS against the Yankees."It's not an indictment of him as much it's just we're trying to go with the guys that we think give us the best chance initially," Astros manager A.J. Hinch said before Game 3. "It doesn't mean he won't have an important at-bat. It doesn't mean he's not going to come up with a key hit. It's literally who starts the game. "Gattis really for much of the postseason and even the end of the year warranted more at-bats. Certainly in this ballpark he's a huge threat. I haven't forgotten what he did last season in the DH spot. I haven't forgotten how well he played down the stretch and into the early postseason. I needed to pick and I picked him." Hinch also chose to bat the right-handed hitting Alex Bregman in the two-hole as opposed to the left-handed hitting Reddick astrosfansgear.com/Astros_George_Springer_Jersey-125, who typically bats second against righthanders. Bregman was 3-for-10 with a homer, a double and two RBI through the first two games of the World Series."He's just putting up really good at-bats and I'm very comfortable with it," Hinch said. "Obviously, (having) the string of righties is what I've always wrestled with since day one. But I think Bregman hitting in the first inning is a nice perk by putting him up there."Odds endsHinch made the obvious official in declaring Dallas Keuchel as his Game 5 starter and Justin Verlander as his starter for a potential Game 6.Hinch said pre-game Friday he hadn't yet decided who would catch Charlie Morton in Game 4, but Brian McCann is the likely choice. If McCann catches, Gattis would once again DH.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Carlos Beltran assumes bench role for Astros in World Series
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 май 2018, 19:45 
Администратор

Ой спам..

Часовой пояс: UTC