Конференция PR

областная конференция предпринимателей
Текущее время: 17 июл 2019, 08:19

Часовой пояс: UTC

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Mauer doubles, catches in emotional likely finale with Twins
СообщениеДобавлено: 13 май 2019, 02:00 

Joe Mauer isnt sure if Sunday marked the end of his time with the Minnesota Twins. Just in case, though, the regular season finale turned into a farewell befitting his remarkable career with his hometown team.Mauer doubled in his final at-bat, received one more pitch as catcher, and then walked off to an extended ovation as Minnesota likely said goodbye to the longtime face of its franchise during an emotional 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox.The 35-year-old Mauer was playing the final game of an eight-year, $184 million contract. So far, he been noncommittal regarding his plans for next year and beyond. It been an emotional rollercoaster. Im not 100 percent sure, he said. I want to make sure I have some time just to take a deep breath and really be behind that decision twinsapparelshop.com/Gabriel_Moya_Jersey-31.There certainly were plenty of touches that made Sunday game feel like a final appearance, none more dramatic than Mauer surprise appearance behind the plate in the ninth.Mauer emerged from the dugout in his catching gear, the first time hed worn it since late 2013, when a series of concussions forced him to move to first base. He stood alone at home plate as fans, teammates and opponents showered him with applause.The 2009 AL MVP caught one pitch from Matt Belisle. Then, with the theme music from The Natural playing over the speakers, he walked off to a final standing ovation and was replaced by Chris Gimenez.We had an opportunity to do that, and I didnt think that was going to be a possibility ever, Mauer said. Im glad I took that opportunity.Twins manager Paul Molitor said hed worked out the logistics of the moment with White Sox manager Rick Renteria before the game.Rick was fantastic. I told him I didnt want to disrespect the game or the integrity of winning or losing twinsapparelshop.com/Justin_Morneau_Jersey-14, Molitor said. (I said) it would be a one-pitch scenario and we assured him that we would try to throw a ball as best as we could. And it worked out.White Sox second baseman Yoan Moncada was the batter at the time and said he was more than happy to do his part.When I went to home plate, he said, Hey, can you take the first pitch' Moncada said. It was very exciting, and an emotional moment. I was just glad to be part of that twinsapparelshop.com/Michael_Pineda_Jersey-35.Mauer is a three-time AL batting champ and six-time All-Star over 15 major league seasons, all with Minnesota. A three-sport star from St. Paul Cretin-Derham Hall High School, Mauer was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft and made his debut with the Twins in 2004.Even his final plate appearance was classic Mauer. He sent a line drive into the left-center gap off Juan Minaya, then hustled to second, sliding in just ahead of left fielder Nicky Delmonico throw.When asked if he thought about playing it safe to avoid getting thrown out in potentially his last at-bat, Mauer shrugged and said, That just how I play the game. I saw that (Delmonico) was moving a little to his left, and in a one-run game Im going to try to get into scoring position. Youve got to keep playing the game twinsapparelshop.com/Gary_Gaetti_Jersey-53.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Mauer doubles, catches in emotional likely finale with Twins
СообщениеДобавлено: 13 май 2019, 23:03 
Администратор

catches in emotional likely finale with Twins

Часовой пояс: UTC